OpKey Oracle Recorder is a Recorder utility which enables you to record actions performed on Oracle E-Business Suites to automate it. You can easily create a Test Case or Function Library by recording the performed actions and play it back through test execution. The created Test Case or Function Library can be further customized as per the requirement.
Need of Oracle Recorder:
Challenges of automating Oracle E-Business Suite applications have been increased manifold due to rising complexity of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) implementations, emphasis on enhanced test coverage, high demand of improved application quality, great test efficiency and fast-tracked test cycles. A professional Test Automation framework can reduce such challenges and help you to achieve your goal of automating your Oracle E-Business Suites.
It comes with the OpKey Smart Recorder package. For installing OpKey Desktop Recorder, please refer Installing OpKey Smart Recorder. Once, it has installed on your machine, its icon is showing on the desktop as shown below:
OpKey Smart Recorder is a complete recorder package which works as a Web, Mobile, Desktop, Salesforce, Workday as well as Oracle Recorder. You need to choose the platform (Web, Mobile, Desktop, Oracle, Salesforce & Workday) on which you want to perform recording.
If you are performing recording on Web, Mobile, Desktop or Oracle application for the first time, you need to install OpKey Smart Recorder. Once it is installed, you can perform recording on the supported platforms applications. You can also install standalone Smart Recorder installer.
Process Flow Explaining the working of OpKey Oracle Recorder:
Getting started with OpKey Oracle Recorder:
To start recording on the Oracle E-Business Suites by using Oracle Recorder, you need to follow the below given steps:
Recording Test Steps through Oracle Recorder:
- Create a Test Case/Function Library.
- Click on Record button and then Oracle Recorder as shown below:
- There are two options of creating Object Repository (collection of objects to be fetched): Default Object Repository and Choose Object Repository. You can select anyone of them and start recording session.
- If you select Default Object Repository option then an Or file will be created in the default folder which will contain all the fetched objects.
- If you select Choose Object Repository option then tree of existing OR files will be displayed. You can select any OR file or create new OR file.
- Click on Start Recording to begin recording process.
- Oracle Recorder will get opened along with Internet Explorer browser. Type the URL of your Oracle E-Business Suite application and start working on it. You can view that the actions being performed are being recorded one by one.
- You can switch to to the Spy mode of recording. In Spy mode, you need to hold pressed Ctrl button and hover mouse on the desired object. Once, its properties are fetched, left Ctrl button and select relevant action keyword from the dropdown list and add it. You can add it as a Test Step or add only objects.
- Once, Spy mode of recording session finished, go back to the Record mode. When recording process gets completed, click on Save & Close button to save the recorded objects and close recording session.
- Let us have a look at the recorded Test Steps to the Test case.
Test Execution using OracleEBS Plugin:
Once the Test Case of OracleEBS has been created successfully, you can execute it by using OracleEBS Plugin on Internet Explorer. So, make sure that you have installed OracleEBS Plugin on your machine. You can refer Installing OpKey OracleEBS Plugin for installing the OracleEBS Plugin.
Navigate to the Data Input Argument tab of the OpenBrowser test step and type Internet Explorer or IE in the Browser option as shown in the above image. This setting is required before initiating test execution as OpKey supports IE browser for Oracle EBS so far.
Click on Run Now (F5) button. Local Execution Wizard opens. Fill all required fields along with OpKey OracleEBS as plugin from the dropdown list in Generic Plugin.
Once, execution process has completed, you can view execution result.
Zoom Level Setting in Internet Explorer:
While performing test execution on Internet Explorer based on Web, make sure that Zoom Level is 100%. It is mandatory to set Zoom Level 100% for successful test execution using Selenium Web Driver or OpKey Web as Plugin which are used for opening Web Browser for test execution.
As OracleEBS application behaves as a hybrid application (Web & Oracle specific) and Oracle supports only IE so far for launching Oracle application during automation, so Selenium WebDriver/OpKey Web and OracleEBS, both plugins involve in test execution of an OracleEBS application.
To configure Zoom Level 100%, follow the below given instructions:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Tools (Alt+X) button and click on it.
- Click on Zoom and set it 100%.
Here, you can view in the above screenshot that 100% Zoom level is the default (denoted by Ctrl+0). If the default Zoom level in your IE is not 100% then you need to make it default from the System Settings.
Right click on Desktop.
Select Themes and click on Theme Settings.
Under Display tab, set Zoom level as 100%. (Here, you can view that recommended size of text, apps & other items is 100%, which is the Zoom level.)
However, you can customize this level as per your requirement.